Female or male mallard?

I decided I was going to re home them. and then today they come up and nibble at my shoes. That is the first time they have ever approached me like that. How am I supposed to re home them now?
love.gif

I decided I was going to re home them. and then today they come up and nibble at my shoes. That is the first time they have ever approached me like that. How am I supposed to re home them now? :love
I've had 2 drakes together with no females and they were best buds. I would not rehom them just because they are males unless you want/need eggs. Also rehoming just one male and getting one female doesn't usually work. There are exceptions but that is not normally the case. You would need to add 2-3+ females just for one drake.

My four year old son said earlier that "Those ducks are his heroes". Lol Not sure what that means but I think he loves them.

I don't really need the eggs. I have four that are laying now and quite a few about to lay. I did really want duck eggs for baking, so i might see if hubby wants to build me a separate duck house and then get them some female friends? Not sure he would like that idea. Might save that one till spring!
lol.png

My four year old son said earlier that "Those ducks are his heroes". Lol Not sure what that means but I think he loves them.

I don't really need the eggs. I have four that are laying now and quite a few about to lay. I did really want duck eggs for baking, so i might see if hubby wants to build me a separate duck house and then get them some female friends? Not sure he would like that idea. Might save that one till spring!:lol:
Do you have chickens? Are they separate? Male ducks and chickens don't mix. If a male duck mates a hen it is bad news for the chickens and can cause serious injury or even death. They are not anatomically compatible. Don't keep male ducks and chickens together.

Yes my ducks sleep in the coop with the chickens. During the day they all free range but the ducks mostly hang out with the chickens. Guess they will be going then unless hubby wants to build them a separate house and run. I do not want them hurting a hen.

Back
Top Bottom