Female Pekin Dominance

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Antone69, May 2, 2017.

1. Antone69

Antone69 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2015
    Rockledge, FL
    I believe I have two females since there are no drake feathers. This is my second time having two female ducks. The difference this time is one female dick always miunts the other trying to carry out the meating rituals. However that same duck every night when I put them in their cage lays in that position for me to pick her up to put her in the cage she is mimicking the same position when they are doing the mating ritual. Could it be that she's giving her dominance over to me? It's such a strange thing I've never experienced it before, comments????

2. Antone69

Antone69 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2015
    Rockledge, FL
    So many bad typos, here is take 2.

I believe I have two females since there are no drake feathers. This is my second time having two female ducks. The difference this time is one female duck always mounts the other trying to carry out the mating rituals. However that same duck every night when I put them in their cage lays in that position for me to pick her up to put her in the cage she is mimicking the same position when they are doing the mating ritual. Could it be that she's giving her dominance over to me? It's such a strange thing I've never experienced it before, comments????

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    She see you as a potential mate. lol

Females are pretty fickle once hormones begin to flow they will lay down for any one and anything it seems. Poultry anyway. My female ducks have drakes but I have some chicken hens that will squat for me silly things.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by