Scullysk8s

Chirping
Aug 26, 2021
Hey im going to try to attach a video of what she's doing. But she will do this for hours on end. Her feathers also seem to be so thinned out and not smooth. It looks like she's plucked out so many feathers and it's making me worried. She's not my duck. But she shares a stall with my goose and has since he(she??) was just a few weeks old because she had a horrible staff infection in her right leg. And had to be separated from the rest of her flock due to the fact the males would sit there and pull her feathers out and r*pe her o er and over again. Her staff infection. Is gone. However her leg is permanently deforms and she cannot walk well anymore. This is why she's kept away from the rest of the flock and kept with my goose instead. She's been separated for at least 6 months. My goose and the duck get along fine.. idk whats causing her wings to twitch like this...Help???

She could be cold. But, ducks do twitch their wings like this. How old is she and what is she being fed? She looks small and her feathers are thin. It might not help her to fully recover, but adding vitamin b complex will help with leg issues.

She could be cold. But, ducks do twitch their wings like this. How old is she and what is she being fed? She looks small and her feathers are thin. It might not help her to fully recover, but adding vitamin b complex will help with leg issues.
Im unsure of how old she is...again, she's not my duck :(.. but i can try and find our from her owners next door. They're being fed a 17% layer crumble and have plenty of hay and grass to graze in. I also spoul my goose and her with a pot of veggies when i can, they especially enjoy peas and carrots, clementine, grapes and cucumbers and lettuce/ leafy greens. I'll look into the. Italian b complex. Unfortunately I don't know if it will help .. as her leg isnhealed. But it is permanently deformed and twisted. It doesn't seem to cause her pain, but I can 9magine it causes her a lot of stress. This video was also taken maybe 30 mins after I took her out of their kiddie pool. Her feathers seemed a lot more wet than they should be... they're also very thin.. I don't know.. im scared she's unhappy and sick or something. She enjoys being with my goose though, she will follow him around everywhere he goes. He goes to sit under their heat lamp... she gets up and waddles over as well. He runs outside to go swim, she will sit by the poolside and drill in the mud as he hogs the pool LOL. (Don't worry I make sure they both get ample time to swim)

Im unsure of how old she is...again, she's not my duck :(.. but i can try and find our from her owners next door. They're being fed a 17% layer crumble and have plenty of hay and grass to graze in. I also spoul my goose and her with a pot of veggies when i can, they especially enjoy peas and carrots, clementine, grapes and cucumbers and lettuce/ leafy greens. I'll look into the. Italian b complex. Unfortunately I don't know if it will help .. as her leg isnhealed. But it is permanently deformed and twisted. It doesn't seem to cause her pain, but I can 9magine it causes her a lot of stress. This video was also taken maybe 30 mins after I took her out of their kiddie pool. Her feathers seemed a lot more wet than they should be... they're also very thin.. I don't know.. im scared she's unhappy and sick or something. She enjoys being with my goose though, she will follow him around everywhere he goes. He goes to sit under their heat lamp... she gets up and waddles over as well. He runs outside to go swim, she will sit by the poolside and drill in the mud as he hogs the pool LOL. (Don't worry I make sure they both get ample time to swim)
She misses her flock....they have buddies they worry about and get attached to. Our duck George cried for 2 weeks when her buddy got taken by the Bob cat. She saw it happen and went to the same place every day and waited. They are very smart birds.

If there is no other ducks she can be comforting herself. It's like OCD. Makes her feel good so she does it. Ducks love that position to relax in. I think she is stressed from being away from the flock .
Hmm... she was fine for the past 6 months or so being separated from thebfloxk. In fact, she had been thriving. No longer being r*ped and harassed so the point where she'd lock herself into a nestingbox and not come out and sit in her own poop and stuff... when she was mo Ed into the stall with my goose, her feathers started to grow back, she started laying eggs again, she was happy to come outside snd graze and swim.. but, jeez.. now her feathers seem so thinned out... she does seem stressed (still laying eggs though!) She will constantly preen and bite out her feathers... but there's been no changes to the dynamic or to their environment.. aside from the fact it's now getting quite cold.. im very worried she's sick or something is horribly wrong. Snd if there is something wrong I'd like to notify the neighbors on the farm property

Last edited:
She misses her flock....they have buddies they worry about and get attached to. Our duck George cried for 2 weeks when her buddy got taken by the Bob cat. She saw it happen and went to the same place every day and waited. They are very smart birds.
That's so weird... because qhen she initially was separated from her flock.. she was thriving and was so happy and loved to follow around my goose (who at the time was a baby and still mostly fluff)

She looks small and under feathered for a pekin. The super b complex is found at tractor supply or other farm supply stores. It's a 1mL does over feed or mealworms. Its liquid and the bottle says injectable, but for ducks just put on their food. She might not be eating enough. Not sure if it's because she's by herself or what. If the goose is her only pal, they should be together as that would be her "flock".
Does she have access to water at all times? That might be why her feather quality is low. I'd check for parasites as well.

You did the right thing in separating her from the drakes. They can end up seriously injuring or stressing a females out especially if she can't get away from them.
You said they get to go outside? Fresh air sunshine and good food is important.
What about molt? when did she molt? I had 1 goose for 5 yrs before I found a female for him, He was bonded to my Muscovy flock especially to the female who hatched him, So she sounds like she has bonded to your goose. Some good B complex or some really good poultry vitamins to add or alone, But molting might be whats needed for her wings.
Since she had staff infection I assume she was on medication for that? It could be the meds maybe have caused thin feathers too. Just hard to know for sure. The twitching seems alot more than would be normal though, so def check for parasites. How old is your goose? Gander or goose? My gander did breed with my Muscovy but he never injured any of them, they were quite willing.

Hey im going to try to attach a video of what she's doing. But she will do this for hours on end. Her feathers also seem to be so thinned out and not smooth. It looks like she's plucked out so many feathers and it's making me worried. She's not my duck. But she shares a stall with my goose and has since he(she??) was just a few weeks old because she had a horrible staff infection in her right leg. And had to be separated from the rest of her flock due to the fact the males would sit there and pull her feathers out and r*pe her o er and over again. Her staff infection. Is gone. However her leg is permanently deforms and she cannot walk well anymore. This is why she's kept away from the rest of the flock and kept with my goose instead. She's been separated for at least 6 months. My goose and the duck get along fine.. idk whats causing her wings to twitch like this...Help???
How many ducks live with her?

Back
Top Bottom