Female Pekin Limping

warnerj3

Chirping
Aug 21, 2017
Tennessee
One of my female Pekins has begun to limp over the past day. I've heard of "wobble foot", but I thought that occurred primarily in Jumbo Pekins(she is not a jumbo) I can't find any wound on her feet. Any ideas or suggestions? Her limp is really noticeable, and she will sit down whenever she can to avoid walking!

Never heard of "wobble foot", but if you mean bumblefoot that can happen in any type of poultry...

Check for excessive heat or swelling in her foot and leg... could she have strained or sprained it?

Try a simple warm epsom salt soak, 15-20 mins daily for a few days and see if that relieves the issue...

Never heard of "wobble foot", but if you mean bumblefoot that can happen in any type of poultry...

Check for excessive heat or swelling in her foot and leg... could she have strained or sprained it?

Try a simple warm epsom salt soak, 15-20 mins daily for a few days and see if that relieves the issue...

X2, hopefully we can figure out what this is.

Could be a sprain or pull. Rest, time floating in lukewarm water, Epsom salt compress ( E.s. is a laxative, do not let her ingest any), T-Relief ointment, are all things that might help. Some turmeric in the food is a mild anti inflammatory. It stains skin and clothing, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom