Female turkeys do not gobble??????

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by teresa-78, Nov 28, 2010.

1. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    My turkey is now 5 months old.. and we determined Harold was actually a Madge with the great help from people on here, either way I was not bothered Harold was a Madge as I love my turkey either way.

Well today Madge spent all morning and afternoon, strutting around me and gobbling, she would gobble back at me in answer (like our own little conversation) [​IMG] and strutting in the process. But I am sure females dont gobble, well with what I have read on here.. is this unusual.. or is their something wrong with madge??

Here are some pictures, does she look ok to all... thanks for the help in advance [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And also I am thinking Madge is a cross between a royal palm and a bronze, due to the brown colouring in her feathers (This may help in determining if there is anything wrong with her).

Many thanks

Teresa

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  2. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    She is a he.

3. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:Really??? wow so Harold actually is Harold lol and he is normal yey [​IMG]

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

OOPS, someone steered you wrong before. Harold is a tom.

5. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:I am thinking he was a late developer, just to keep me wondering lol his snood seems to have grown overnight... Thanks everyone, I was concerned somethung was wrong x

6. Sir Birdaholic

I have a 7 year old bearded hen & we thought she was a he for the 1st year. She tried to gobble, but needed practice. She started laying eggs & quit trying to gobble, but still constantly fans.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:The gobble that I hear is a propper gobble thats why I was confused, it shocked me as I thought I heard a gobble a few weeks before but not like this. I am happy either way, I was just shocked and worried as i did not expect it lol.

8. Sir Birdaholic

What a relief thay he is a he! We could use a shot of turkey on the rocks! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. teresa-78

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:Loving the turkey on the rocks [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Looks like I was wrong [​IMG]

He had such a feminine head when he was younger, and still looks a bit feminine... But yup, looks like a Harold after all!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by