1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Female who often hates working with females. help!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by heatherindeskies, Sep 13, 2011.

1. heatherindeskies

heatherindeskies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    I work in a health care facility, doing floor care, painting and staining. Most of the workers here are female, and not a project goes by without their whining about how the wax stinks, the paint stinks, the stripper stinks, the stain stinks......waaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "How can you stand that stuff?"
    "God that stinks!"
    "There you go stinking up the place again."
    "There's stinky Heather!"
    ...................on and on....
    Don't any of these females EVER do any home repair projects??? [​IMG]:mad::mad:

They are not evil girls, but the constant comments are really wearing me down. To them it's one comment, to me it's probably the 5th time I've heard the whining. I rarely hear this from the male population i work with.
    I don't complain when their job stinks up the hallway... meaning them cleaning up resident messes!
    What is up with women and complaining, you know, like I'm doing right now??????????????????
    any advice or good comebacks????
    Can I [​IMG]?

2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Just mutter "Lightweights" in their general direction... [​IMG]

3. cameron

cameron Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    They work in healthcare and they complain about the smell of strippers and wax? Just tell em it smells better than the stuff THEY have to deal with!!

I work in a similar place and I love it when the floor techs come in and cover up the smell of crap and pee. It's a Nice change. Plus, they make the floor of my office all shiny and slick!

4. heatherindeskies

heatherindeskies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    Quote:I love you [​IMG]

5. cameron

cameron Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    [​IMG]

I've been in that field before. Nobody knows what your job is till it don't get done, right?

Hang in there!

6. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Quote:Completely right!
    You hang in there, Heather. Next time you hear them complaining about the smell... take out the toilet roll and offer them a couple of balls to put up their nose. [​IMG]

7. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    A good friend of mine works almost daily inside a variety of office buildings as the patchman for his company. The office peeps start complaining before he even gets set up about the "fumes choking them" and having to leave work due to "whatever is in that bucket!!"...which always happens to be nothing more than plain, fresh, tap water. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Btw, when the offices he goes to are made up of mostly men, then it's mostly men that do the complaining. Over the years he's actually had folks come up to him and insist he leave...he just continues working and tells them to take it up with their company or building owner that ordered the repairs, lol.

P.S. Because anyone there that attempts to talk to him is doing so just to complain, he usually makes the complainers tap him on the shoulder repeatedly before he'll even remove his music earbuds and look their direction. [​IMG]

Keep up the good work! [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I LOVE the smell of that stuff, and if I saw a gal doing it, I would stop and yack with ya for a few so I could smell more.

9. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I love the smell of paint too. [​IMG]

10. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    My friend has said that the one's raised in the 60's do tend to gather around and just watch silently when it's time to paint the patches and the paint buckets are opened. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by