Fence Plyers?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ourFRUGALfarm, Feb 3, 2014.

1. ourFRUGALfarm

ourFRUGALfarm New Egg

Jan 27, 2014
    What is your favorite brand of fence plyers and why? Also why does my Dad's still work from years ago and I have gone through 3 pair in 10 years? Lastly why am I on a rant about fence plyers? Thanks for letting me vent I am much better now......

2. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

my favorite brand is whatever I find in the tool box! (Sorry, never had to buy one)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Sagetown

Sagetown Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    S E Oklahoma
    Your Dad's pliers are U.S.A. made like mine are I assume, and yours are probably Chinese made. However, some of their tool qualities are getting better as of late. I have 2 sets of the old Fencing Pliers, and one gimme Chinese. Big difference. I was needing a chopping axe the other day, and went to the farm store. Took one good look at them and thought, I've got better axe heads than these in my scrap iron at home. So, I bought 3 axe handles, and now I've got 3 good ole U.S.A. axes.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  4. ourFRUGALfarm

ourFRUGALfarm New Egg

Jan 27, 2014
    Sagetown you are right I checked my modern name brand plyers and you guessed it Made in China my Dads are good old USA made.

5. Sagetown

Sagetown Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    S E Oklahoma
    LoL ! I couldn't remember the brand names of my pliers. So found a pair in the shop, DIAMOND R510 ~ U.S.A. Looked for them on the internet. They are Listed as Antique. That's me too I reckon.
    [​IMG]

6. ourFRUGALfarm

ourFRUGALfarm New Egg

Jan 27, 2014
    That's ok my Dad and Grandad would have said the same thing about themselves but man....they worked rings around me and after I was ready to drop they were still going. If that's antique I want to be that way also!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by