fence

I use different kinds of fence. For duck safety especially at night, half inch metal hardware cloth is good. During the day, my ducks are in a Day Pen with 2"x3" coated woven wire, and 2 feet of small diameter coated chicken wire over that around the bottom. I use coated chain link across the bottom of the pen, under the bedding, and the same woven wire that I use around the sides is across the top.

In the gardens, where I supervise them, we have 4' tall uncoated galvanized 2"x3" woven wire. One of the gardens, a smaller one, has deer netting across the top to discourage hawks.

Depends fencing for what purpose? for covering windows or any openings in a barn, coop, building.. i use hardware cloth. For pens depends on what your need is, to keep ducks in even basic chicken wire will do, that said it's not pred proof.

If you need strong to keep preds out, then welded wire with a small opening BUT it will need to be brought down with smaller wire to keep ducks from sticking their heads out and preds reaching in and grabbing the birds.

The majority of my ducks free range so i have no purpose for fencing that is predator proof, the calls who are penned are in a dog run and i downed the wire with chicken wire to keep their heads in lol that said this pen is inside my dogs yard which is surrounding by 4ft chain link.

thank you guys
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom