fenceing material ??/

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jsawler, Oct 21, 2013.

1. jsawler

jsawler Out Of The Brooder

has anyone ever tried using snow fencing for a fence?and if so ,what went wrong with it?

2. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    It's not going to keep larger predators out

3. jsawler

actually I want to keep turkeys in. I let everything but the quail free range here. I've done meat birds for years, have heritage birds now. but am looking to do a few turkeys next year. I hear that they fly up onto everything. so I cleared a spot back where I have alder trees, a small building to house them at night. and i'm going to pen it. but I wanted something stronger than chicken wire (I've watched rabbits run through that!). so I was thinking about snow fencing , and clip their wings....... thoughts?

4. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    It might work if predators aren't a concern

5. jsawler

not big. I was concerned about it's durability over time. they bear hunt behind my place. so the bait piles fill them up. as well as the racoons. and the coyotes seem to only come out at night as of right now anyway.....

if someone tried it , and it only lasted 3 years or something it wouldn't be worth it.i was just curious is all

6. SaltyPaws

SaltyPaws Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2013
    My grandparents used this around their back porch to keep their dogs from slipping through the slats.

They had it up for a number of years at least 5 or so...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by