Fencing Chickens in with Goats?

Chickens and goats range well together. The only problem I have seen with it is that the goats try to eat the chicken feed. It's not good for them. I suggest putting the chicken feed where the chickens can get to it but the goats cannot (like inside the coop). I don't know what the best milking goats would be so hopefully someone else will chime in on that one.

My pigs are the only thing that gets their own area in my place. There are too many complications with them either eating other animals or thinking they are competition and being brutally rough with them. Pigs are very smart and territorial, it is hard enough to keep them in one area as it is much less while trying to keep something else in there.

I have Pygmy Goats and a flock of chickens. During the day, I let the chickens free roam and many times they go into the goats pen. They get along fine. I have one male and a female goat. The chickens are free to fly out or squeeze under the gate from the goats.

Just before the sun goes down...the chickens make their way back into their coop and I lock the door behind them.

You'd definitely have a problem with the chickens eating the goats food and the goats eating the chicken feed if you were to keep them all together.

Pygmy Goats are a small breed of goats. You can milk the females, but we don't. We have no use for their milk.

Good luck. ;)

Back
Top Bottom