Fencing for a goose pen?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

We're hiring someone to build me a goose & muscovy pen. They are going to be housed separately and the space is about 75 x 75 (feet) for each pen. I was thinking welded wire fence--cheaper than chainlink...but not sure if a coyote would easily dig underneath? We have a LGD but the waterfowl pen will be on the other side of our property, away from the chickens...so Cash will be stretched out protecting them...one side will house my sebbies & blue/fawn muscovies, the other side will house the chocolate pieds....Hubby suggested electric, too...but the mesh is so stinkin' expensive and it's supposed to be temp. There is an existing smooth wire (three strand) fence there...

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Oh and my budget (with labor) is $500 which includes the shelter we need to build, as well as the fencing...we're thinking $10/hour for the fence builder...

Another thing--do they make 5 or 6' high welded wire? Maybe we could bury it a foot in the ground...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by