1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Fencing options

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Rickmoe96, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Rickmoe96

Rickmoe96 Hatching

May 18, 2014
    We are building a brand new coop and I am looking for ideas on the best but somewhat economical fencing materials....ideas please? We have buffs, Easter eggers, Rhode Island reds and silkies. Thank you!!!!

2. aquagolda

aquagolda Chirping

Apr 27, 2013
    New Jersey
    you could use wiring but if you are worried about fox getting in I suggest a electric fencing but my coop the chickens get locked into the coop so even if the fox got into the fencing he cant get into the coop itself.

3. RJSorensen

RJSorensen Chicken George

Chicken wire will perhaps keep the birds in, but will keep nothing out. As such it is a waste of your time and money. Uses for chicken wire are very limited. Hardware cloth works well, some of the 6 foot wire net rolls looks to be good as well. Bad fence will lead to heartache, and no where else.

RJ

1 person likes this.
  4. Rickmoe96

Rickmoe96 Hatching

May 18, 2014
    They will go in every night. Thank you for answering...::)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: