Fencing...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Lovesdisney, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Lovesdisney

Lovesdisney Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    We have quite a mixed flock. I want to get fencing to separate my silkies and cochins for breeding. However I just want something temporary I can roll up and store. Typically they free range. So... I have been looking at the poultrynet plus from premier fencing. I like its temporary, easy to handle, light weight, stores easily... I love the stakes are built in... But i hate that its white!!! Is this same type fencing available elsewhere in black or greeb??? I have been searching and failing.... Thanks for any help! :)

e built i

2. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    Silkies and cochins are not terribly athletic. I would just buy some garden fence from lowes. You could get green or metal black...

3. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Home Depot sells a heavy grade poly netting, primarily sold in the gardening dept as Deer Netting. We have a 1000 ft of it around our gardens for the deer. Keeps chickens out too.

I use the "scraps" to make pens, temporary yards, etc. Easy to use, light weight, install with simple zipties. Love the product.

[​IMG]

4. fisherchic

fisherchic New Egg

Nov 22, 2011
    Hi to all, I have questions about the netting I saw used as toppers for chicken runs. Looked like fish net and we were told very inexpensive too. Can anyone tell me where to purchase this netting?

The other thing is we are gardeners and I have to fence in my garden so the chickens can still go out to run, any suggestions as to inexpensive fencing that can be moved easy because I’m up in years and will be doing this myself. What to use and where to buy it too.
    Thank you for your advice.
    Judy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by