Feral cat in the coop! Histeria abounds!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by elcyd, May 6, 2009.

1. elcyd

elcyd Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2008
    Near Dover Delaware
    :lol:Well I wish I had a video camera last night- I could have won some money on funniest home vidoes. I went to put the girls up for the night. I shut the outer enclosure door and out of the corner of my eye a cat shot out of the coop into my small well secured enclosure that I use a a "run" for the hens when they dont free range. I now know that is it very secure.
    I recognized this cat from the feral colony that lives nearby. I have never seen such a petrified animal. It flung itself around the enclosure- the hens were histerical- the cat was histerical- and I couldn't even function I was laughing so hard. I opened the door of the hen house so it could get out- but it was so out of its mind it just ran in circles and flung itself everywhere. At one point it actually navigated the top of the pen upside down clinging to the chicken wire on the top of the pen for about 3 minutes. It never wanted the hens- but they sure didn't know that. Finally, it found its way out of the enclosure throught the door I had opened, and everyone settled down. Poor hens were clucking and spinning. I don't know if the cat was in there to steal eggs- or just look around but I doubt it will be back. Poor critters- I felt bad for laughing- and probably sound mean- but it was hilarious.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. my5lilrugrats

my5lilrugrats Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2009
    That must have been a real sight to see..I'm glad it found it's way out!

3. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    [​IMG]

I would have been laughing too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by