1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ferilty

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ann, Jul 1, 2007.

1. ann

ann Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2007
    ava,missouri
    I have a Millie fleur D`Uccle hen who I just put the roo back in her pen.How long until her eggs become feritle again to put in the incubator,as she is laying again.

2. andischickenfarm

andischickenfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2007
    N.E. Oklahoma
    I'm not sure about this. I always waited a month to be on the safe side and I've had good luck waiting. Hopefully someone will have another answer.

Andi
    [​IMG]

3. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    I'd be interested in the answer for this as well. [​IMG]

4. ann

ann Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2007
    ava,missouri
    I have an egg developing in the bator,that I had put in just to check ferility.The Roo had only been in the pen for a few days.They are Millie Fleur D`Uccles

5. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Storey's guide says .....

If the hen laid an egg shortly before the mating it will likely fertilize the next egg.

So I would think you would not have to wait to long. If your roo is minding his buisiness.

6. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    i know that when you take a roo away they stay fertile for about 3 weeks [​IMG]

7. ann

ann Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2007
    ava,missouri
    Millie was without a roo and raising 2 little ones.The first egg after I put fred back in,is not developing ,but the other eggs seem to be developing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by