Ferral Hogs?

hogdogs87

In the Brooder
Feb 4, 2015
north Georgia
My screen name probably gives it away but i hunt ferral hogs. I was just wandering if any of y'all have problems with them on your property. Here in georgia they are a major problem.

Around 2011/12 there was a relatively small populati9on in South Jersey. The state opened season on them concurrent with the deer seasons and for the most part I think the pigs have been eradicated.

Yikes! I'm in AR and I have heard of them but never encountered one... from what I hear they are mean and will even go after people!

MOST of the time they will go in the other direction at the slightest second that sonething isnt right. But yes a sow with piglets or an aggressive boar can and will become a real problem real fast.

Yikes! I'm in AR and I have heard of them but never encountered one... from what I hear they are mean and will even go after people!
I was born in Hot Springs, AR, and my grandfather and I used to hunt razorbacks. As hotdogs87 said, normally they will run away, but when they feel cornered or threatened or are wounded, they become very dangerous.

I'll give any a wide birth! Pigs jaws are so powerful that I don't want to mess with one that is feral!

Back
Top Bottom