fertile duck eggs :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Myst4, May 31, 2008.

1. Myst4

Myst4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    I have been searching in my area for some time now for someone who sells fertile duck eggs for me to hatch. No luck so far. I'm getting really discouraged [​IMG] . We have a pond in our back yard that needs a breeding pair of ducks that I would love to hatch from eggs myself. {{{sigh}}} I have been reading lots of threads about people on here hatching duck eggs and having beautiful baby ducklings.... I just want to say, your are so lucky lol....I know that I will find some...somewhere, somehow around where I live, just no luck so far.

2. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    The least that have hatched out of eggs I have sent out have been 3, usually 6-8. If you are interested n Rouens, let me know and we can work something out.

3. Myst4

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:I live in Canada, not sure if you can send them over the border or even if they could make it ok that far. Also, I think it would cost an aweful lot. What color are your Rouens anyway?

4. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    rouens look like mallards but are larger and cant fly

5. priszilla

priszilla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    easley sc
    I wish you were closer- I would let you come catch as many baby mallards as you could carry- there are 34 babies in my yard!!!!

6. Myst4

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:Thanks , they come in many different colors don't they? I looked it up on the net.

7. Myst4

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:Awwww I wish I was closer too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by