1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

fertile egg delivery to ireland

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sandraconvery, May 29, 2010.

1. sandraconvery

sandraconvery In the Brooder

Mar 22, 2008
    ireland
    hi all just wondering if it is possible to get fertile eggd delivered to me in ireland yous seem to have wonderful different chickens i would love some to hatch. sandra IRELAND:)[​IMG]:ya

2. adoptedbyachicken

adoptedbyachicken Crowing Premium Member

Check you local laws on the importation of poultry products. There will be requirements regarding the inspection and certification of the sending flock and maybe isolation of the eggs and hatchings. This makes it safe for all by not shipping diseases around.

Contact your Agriculture Department of your National Government for the guidlines.

3. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Also the shipping would be quite expensive as they would need to get there fast.

4. sandraconvery

Mar 22, 2008
    ireland
    thought it did not matter if they week or too old once eggs fertilethen only when they sit on them to start incubating??? anyhow i emailed dept agriculture to see jus in case well thats it for me going there on hols and bringing home lodes eggs ha ha:rolleyes:

5. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Songster

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
    There are a few major chicken diseases that can be transported inside the eggs, they usually would want to quarantine and test the chicks or chickens so you don't introduce a deadly disease. The diseases in the US are not the same as the ones over there, and introducing a new bug into a naive population (they've never seen these organisms before) could be devastating. Make sure you follow proper channels to get these eggs in.

6. SarahIrl

SarahIrl Songster

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    I live in Ireland, and am totally suprised at the number of breeds available here already. Maybe try the UK/Europe in stead? Less trouble with disease communication. The Local District Vet Office (whom you should be registered with in Ireland even if you just have one hen to lay breakfast for you) will be able to confirm more details to you. I have: 3 hybrid layers, 4 lavender araucana, five silver laced brahma eggs and six buff orpington eggs in the bator and 40 barnevelder eggs waiting to go in when I sort the other one. So, there is plenty of choice here already, and some breeders are working on various new types.

7. sandraconvery

Mar 22, 2008
    ireland
    oh ive to regester never heard that ong im going 4years now usually go my farmer if i have problems and of course back yard chicks. thank god so far so good jus dam fox which dogs keeping away at present now magpies able get into house n' rob eggs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: