1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fertile Eggs Asst $30 Ship Included Picture

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Gatekeeper, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Louisiana
    We will have several dozen fertile eggs available for Mon - Tue and Wed shipping. Each day the girls lay more and more. We have over 200 birds however not all are laying. The eggs we are shipping now come from birds that have been laying for at least a month and have been checked for fertility.

In the very near future we will be selling straight breed eggs by the dozen. For now however we are selling an assortment of our choice (really the girls choice lol). We include extras as the girls see fit. All eggs come from hens raised off the ground, medicated and fed a 20% laying mesh.

All our birds are separated by breed. The rooster to hen ration is 4-1. Our eggs are quality eggs from quality stock. In addition to the exta eggs; I always include something extra or as we say in Louisiana a little "Lagniappe".

$30 includes shipping for the girls choice, 10 eggs plus extras.

I do want to say as always I can not guarantee hatch rates due to shipping and to cold climate areas. This is something that folks need to consider when ordering for cold region states. Sometimes there are no problems others I am certain affect the hatch rate.

I have both Bantam and Standard breeds. Here is a list of what is currently laying and have been for the past 30 days. Again what is shipped is "our choice "; and can not take request for what you will receive. Its too hard too promise and then that particular breed goes on vacation.

Bantam
    Dk Brahma
    Porcelain d'Uccles
    Frizzles
    Golden Sebrites
    Silver Sebrites
    Lt Brown Dutch
    Self Blue Dutch
    Belgium Quail
    BT White Japanese
    Black Japanese
    Cochins

Standard
    Buckeye
    Buttercup
    Golden Lakenvelder
    Sp. Sussex
    S. Faverolle
    Welsummer**

**Not all, but a lot of the Welsummers are laying eggs as dark as any Maran. I would be willing
    to post pictures of the Welsummer eggs compared to 90% of the Marans on the market. I will post a picture of the Welsummer eggs and you decide.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/07d34d24463110/

I welcome your questions and comments.

Thanks

Gate

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  2. emmalynn

emmalynn Silkies Sebbies OEGBs

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    When would you have enough silver sebright eggs to send as an order?

3. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Gate I'd love to see a pic of your Welsummer eggs. [​IMG]

4. KSPixieChick

KSPixieChick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2008
    I have to keep with standard chickens. If you can do just the standard group I would love to try some eggs.

5. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Wow, really nice Welsummer eggs. Can't wait until you can ship just certain breeds. I only raise standards.

6. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Those are the darkest Welsummer eggs I've seen! VERY nice!

7. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    I just got a shipment of eggs from gatekeeper-super dark welsummer eggs and packaging was excellent. I got a few extras, and none broke during shipment. I would absolutely recommend gatekeepers hatching eggs!

8. Gatekeeper

Apr 24, 2008
    Louisiana
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. I cant take credit, it was the ladies not me.

Coffeemama you are more than welcome.

9. Gatekeeper

Apr 24, 2008
    Louisiana
    If I dont sell these 3-4 dozen by tomorrow evening, they will go in the incubator [​IMG]

Gate

10. devobrew

devobrew Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2008
    Centennial, Colorado
    Cheers:
    I to would be interested if you did a standard mix.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by