Fertile Eggs for sale in Orange County, CA????

thomp119

Songster
9 Years
Feb 11, 2010
North Tustin, CA
Hello,

Does anyone know of someone who sells fertile chicken eggs in orange county, ca? I do not want to buy shipped eggs anymore, I would prefer to drive and get them. Any tips or suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks
smile.png

Check Craigslist, or if you're not too concerned with the breed, visit your local Trader Joes or Whole Foods, even Henrys and pick up a few dozen of the fertile eggs. Make sure to check their packing date...they use the Julian system, the fresher the better.

I found this on Craigslist....

"Free Range, Nutritious Farm Fresh Organic Chicken Eggs, Pesticide Free, Dark Brown, Medium Brown, Light Brown Eggs. $5/ Dozen or $7.50(18 eggs) Range from Small, Medium, & Large Size. Also, Green Eggs, they don't lay many eggs and don’t sell in the Supermarket. So now is the time to buy Green Eggs, you may use it as an art object, carve it, cut it in half and make two cups, whatever you like. $4 for 6 eggs.

Hatching /Fertile Eggs $1.00 each.

Please call me on Thursday because I don't have email access on Friday and Weekend for Pick Up location.

Also, leave your phone # in the message.

Local Pick Up Only: Alhambra, El Serano, Culver City, and Lancaster, CA. My contact # 626-318-4269."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-04-17, 6:32AM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

We have farm fresh eggs right from our farm! Our hens are free range and live with the roosters! So I would say most of the eggs are fertile!
We have hatched eggs from our brood!
If you would like to purchase eggs to eat or eggs for your preschool to hatch pls email! [email protected]

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Good Luck!

Quote:
Oh dear!!!!! You need to go look up the chickenstock get together in Pomona on May 1st!!!! If you come I could bring you some hatching eggs!!! No charge for being a part of the party!!!!

ETA: I am in the high desert and if you can't attend I would be willing to meet you halfway. I have pure barred rocks, pure Ameraucanas (Blue wheaten roo over wheaten hen) and other mixes.

Last edited:
Oh I forgot to post this. I emailed the Chino Valley Ranchers (suppliers of Fertile Eggs for Trader Joes/Henrys) and inquired about purchasing directly their unprocessed fertile eggs. That option is available and the office accepts walk ins on Saturday too. Email them for their directions and price.

[email protected]

They offer large brown eggs, usually laid by Isa Browns and David said you will have very good fertility with them.

Last edited:
If you're still looking, I also live in Orange County and had to find a source for fertile eggs after my old source packed up and moved to the mid-west. I purchased a dozen from Wagon Train Feed & Tack in Orange. $12/dozen. You can't specify egg color - I got 4 white, 1 green, and 7 brown. Decent hatch rate - 7 out of 12.

Back
Top Bottom