Fertile eggs from the supermarket

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by polishchickens111, Dec 31, 2011.

1. polishchickens111

polishchickens111 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Over there
    Do they hatch? I just discovered that my King Kullen sells them. If they do hatch, has anyone had any experience with this? I'm not going to do any hatching anytime soon, my dad won't let me and we also don't have space right now, I just wanted to know degree of sucess, breed, etc. I plan on using a broody, not an incubator.

Is there hope for the roosterless?

2. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    All i can do is guess: I doubt their fertil. And they would just be a commercial laying breed. If i were you, id order some hatching eggs from Murray McMurray hatchery and incubate them. But good luck Anyway!

3. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I have heard of eggs from the market hatching... there was a thread on here somewhere...

4. polishchickens111

polishchickens111 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Over there
    Quote:They say, in large letters on the package: FERTILE [​IMG]

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

6. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    People on here hatch them all the time. I have a couple of eggs hatching right now that I had refrigerated for a couple of days first. I decided at the last minute to add them in.

Do a search on Trader Joe eggs. That's where most people here get fertile grocery store eggs.

Good luck,
    Deb

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by