Fertile eggs on ebay

Pics

TheSillyDingo

Chirping
Jun 9, 2018
Sold some fertile eggs online and today i got a message saying that not one egg hatched. I attached my item description to this... i'm not sure what they want or if they just wanted me to know... but i guess we'll see...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180614-192827_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180614-192827_Samsung Internet.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 85
Sold some fertile eggs online and today i got a message saying that not one egg hatched. I attached my item description to this... i'm not sure what they want or if they just wanted me to know... but i guess we'll see...
Well you did specify you would not guarantee anything beyond fertile and fresh. Could have been anything from shipping to incubating troubles.
Shipped eggs are always risky :idunno

Also there is that slight possibility that the was infertile. Not every egg is always fertile.
They may of wanted to tell you that they were successful in hatching all but one.

I've never sold any hatching eggs before but I have given away some to a neighbor. Barnyard mix. There is never a 100% guaranteed hatch. There is a saying "Don't count your eggs before they hatch". You can get a 100% successful, but not guaranteed.

I think unless you're going to incubate and hatch for the buyer there is no way for you to guarantee hatching. Did they candle them and make sure them any to see if there was ever development? All you can really guarantee is fresh, fertile eggs.
Im not sure

Maybe.. do any of you sell fertile eggs. Is it unreasonable to not guarantee hatching?
I have not sold any no, I’m still learning :)
I bought some eggs from nearby (not shipped but I drove out to get them) recently, and none developed. Likely due to my inexperience. I told the seller and she was nice enough to replace them, but I absolutely did not expect her to. And I was super clear with her that I was most likely at fault.

Maybe.. do any of you sell fertile eggs. Is it unreasonable to not guarantee hatching?
Don't guilt yourself into going back on your clearly stated business policy! There is not a single egg seller on the Internet - either on eBay or any of the major hatcheries - that will guarantee a hatch rate. In fact, I've never even run into a local farmer who would guarantee hatching. Unfortunately, when incubating someone else's eggs, the only guarantee is that you are taking a risk!

Back
Top Bottom