Fertile eggs?

samantha92

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2016
Perth Australia
Hey guys first year with ducks :) I think one of my muscovys is a male so is this egg fertile or no?
Would like to incubate a few if so

There is a ring around the small dot, I don't know how well you can see it in the photos

Edit: more info

Last edited:
It's a little hard to see on my phone but the last one definitely looks fertile. They all do, except I don't want to say a 100% on the first ones. If you see a bulls eye, a circle around the dot, they are fertile. If they all look like the last then I would say they are fertile!

The first 3 photos is from her very first egg and the last one is from yesterday's egg :D I hope they are, I guess we will find out once I incubate them :D

This is my first year with ducks too and my first baby girl recently started laying too but she lives inside with us, not outside where the males ducks are so not fertile eggs. She has laid 12 eggs so far. The first one was the biggest. Since then they have been weird shapes and some really small ones. How do your eggs look? Is the size and shape consistent? Mine are call ducks and I just love them to pieces!

Back
Top Bottom