1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fertile Eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ~Kuromametchi~, May 2, 2009.

1. ~Kuromametchi~

~Kuromametchi~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Reno, NV
    Okay so my baby cousin really wants a chick by about 6 to 7 weeks but for some reason my hens aren't laying so if anyone has 2 fertile eggs that they can send to me, please post them here also they can be any breed.

2. ~Kuromametchi~

Apr 14, 2009
    Reno, NV
    Anyone?

3. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I think that two eggs wouldn't be worth shipping, and since you'd be looking at 25-50% hatching rate, it's not a very good set of odds on just 2 eggs. You might try a farmer's market or trader joe's type natural food store.

4. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    hi, I would suggest posting this on the buy sell trade section(BST) You'll get more responses, good luck

5. ~Kuromametchi~

Apr 14, 2009
    Reno, NV
    ya the problem is that i only need one chick because i can't have like 12 to 20 but the other egg is in case one breaks but Frenchhen do you have any eggs?

6. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    hm i would try finding someone locally that has chickens and get some eggs

7. ~Kuromametchi~

Apr 14, 2009
    Reno, NV
    how would i find them?

8. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I do have mutt eggs, but I think you might do better finding something locally since you only need a couple. Try craigslist or a feed store

My test hatch is only hours along, and I have no idea on fertility. Maybe you could hatch 12 and give away the extras?

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  9. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Single chicks do not do well. You're going to pay more than it's worth in shipping!! You could more easily buy a chick or eggs locally. Place a wanted ad on Craig's List and keep searching Craig's List.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  10. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    try a post on your freecycle or craigslist

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by