1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fertile Hatching Eggs in Central Maine

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by superchemicalgirl, Dec 2, 2010.

1. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Looking to cross over to the dark side and do my first hatch and also participate in the New Years Day Hatch.

I've got the incubator, but I'd like some interesting eggs not from my own flock.

I'm not too picky except I do not like silkies (sorry silkie lovers).

Anyone in the central Maine area have any eggs for sale that I could pick up? I'm between Augusta and Waterville.

Thanks!

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    If you decide to look at shipped eggs, we have several varieties available and will continue to have some and have been shipping for years, our listing of eggs is on our website and the majority of them listed in our signature. Please let us know and have a blessed day.

3. superchemicalgirl

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    I contacted you but got no response. Anyone else?

4. card5640

card5640 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Bangor area, Maine
    I am in Orono, and I get them from different farmers who are MOFGA members you can look on line and call a few in your area, many will sell directly to you. 2-3$ I cant have a rooster and I have 2 BCM who go broody constantly. I ususally contact the farmer the day before our local market and they bring them for me. Vassalboro has quite a few. Good luck.

5. superchemicalgirl

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    How did you find those people in Vassalboro? I'm at a loss... my search is bringing up apple farms.

Nailed my location, good job:)

6. card5640

card5640 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Bangor area, Maine
    I sent you an email with some numbers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by