fertile pullet eggs?

trunkman

Songster
10 Years
Dec 26, 2009
Rock Hill SC
Two of my pullets started laying in the past two weeks and the little pullet eggs seem to have bulls eyes on the yolks, is this possible and can they be hatched? Just wondering.
idunno.gif

Quote:
yup its possible all though I wouldn't recommend it. From what I've learned on here-the chicks will be small and their chances of survival are not as good as if you would have waited another few weeks-this way the eggs get larger and more room for chicks to grow...

Last edited:
Totally agree. The eggs get bigger the longer the pullet lays. I suggest waiting until they are larger to improve your odds of a successful hatch. It's not that they absolutely cannot hatch. Some do.

Looking at this pullet egg compared to a regular egg, which egg would you expect the embryo to find enough nutrients to develop big and strong and to its healthy potential? In which egg would you expect the embryo to develop without being cramped and possibly born crippled from not having enough room to grow properly? Which egg would you expect the chick to have enough room in to move around to get into position for the pip and zip?

22249_pullet_egg.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, I wouldn't try to hatch them I was just curious. I learn something new every day on this site..
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom