Fertile Sumatra Hatching Eggs Black Blue and the rare Splash

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by stonykill, Mar 21, 2013.

1. stonykill

stonykill Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Canaan Ny
    At least a bakers dozen of clean fresh Sumatra hatching eggs.
    Eggs from black on black, black on blue, and blue on blue rooster hen combo's
    This will yield you blacks, blues and the rare Splash
    each egg will be individually bubble wrapped and will be shipped double boxed so your eggs arrive safely.
    eggs will be collected the day of auction end or the evening before
    they will be fresh fertile hatching eggs

PLEASE note that not all shipped eggs hatch and I can not be held responsible for any incubator malfunctions you may have during your incubation.

A little about my Sumatra's.

1st I'll say DISREGARD EVERYTHING you read from the hatcheries about Sumatra's. 99.9% of it is wrong!

I have been selectively breeding my flock for over 5 years now. Hatching eggs from the best foragers and the best broody's. The goal has been to keep my Sumatra's the way nature intended. Wild like ferrel birds who are predator savvy , can fend for themselves for food and water , and will propagate themselves. My hens almost ALWAY'S go broody. At least 80% of the hens do. And they are THE BEST mothers any chick could ask for.

My Sumatra's free range all day long, except for a few dozen in breeding pens. The remaining 70ish Sumatra's free range all day long. They fly incredibly well. The roosters are well behaved and get along well with other breeds of hens. People are always amazed when they see how well my Roosters and hens get along. The hens will cuddle right up the their rooster. My Sumatra's free range in 20 degree below zero weather and in 100 degree weather. Doesn't matter if it is raining, sleeting, snowing or if there is 2 feet of snow on the ground. If they don't want to walk in the snow or can't walk in it, they just fly where they need to go.

I do not show my birds. It is not why I have them. With that said every year a few perfect show quality birds are hatched. But that isn't my concern. I want chickens for eggs and meat. Extra roosters are delicious. Cook them like a pheasant. The hens average 5 to 6 eggs each a week and lay darn near year round. They do slow to only a few eggs a week in the shortest days of winter. But pretty much unless they are moulting or broody, they are laying eggs. The eggs are medium in size and either a tan or white color.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

2. trailchick

trailchick Chillin' With My Peeps

I got my shipment yesterday.....
    VERY well packed!

Thanks a big bunch, stony!

3. chickletteSarge

chickletteSarge Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2012
    houston, tx
    i got some earlier in Feb. as stated i hatched blues and blacks!!!! thanks stony!!!

4. sillie70

sillie70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Burlington, Washington
    Are your birds NPIP and AI certified? With a NPIP and Avaian Influenza certified flock I can only purchase the same. Karen Carpenter Mysticwinds Bantams Burlington, Washington

5. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    How big do the hens get? How do you think they compare to RIR in size?

6. stonykill

stonykill Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Canaan Ny
    the hens get to be 3 to 4 lbs or roughly 1/2 the size of my RIR's

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by