Fertilized eggs in fridge, can I use them still?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by karlamaria, Feb 14, 2012.

1. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    I tried to give them to my broody, but she got off and another wanted to eat them , long story short I can get a incubator but want to know how to go about using the eggs I put in the fridge? Is it even possible now to use them? Can someone redirect me to a page that explains this , thank you so much

2. builderone

builderone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    I used some out of my fridge last year that were about a week old and about half of them hatched. [​IMG]

3. karlamaria

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    so do I take them out and let them sit until they warm up then put them in the incubator? if you cqan help direct me to the place where it tells about this ( cold eggs etc. I would study it all :) thanks so much

4. builderone

builderone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    I believe I just put them in the bator.

5. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    So long as they did not freeze you can incubate refrigerated eggs. Nearly all of mine are kept in the fridge before I set them. Just let them come up to room temperature before putting them in the box so that condensation won't form on them.

6. karlamaria

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    I'm sad, I washed them as they had poop on them and egg so I ran them through warm water. Duh will I ever learn. I will have to go find more fertile eggs. Ugh thanks mucH

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by