Fertilized eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by newtochicks1, Apr 25, 2008.

1. newtochicks1

newtochicks1 New Egg

Apr 18, 2008
    Hi everyone!

I am new to this board and to chickens too. We would like to raise a few chickens from egg up. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find some fertilized eggs. We have an incubator. I live in NE PA.
    TIA
    Shannon

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Lots of us sell fertilized eggs for hatching. What kind do you want? Probably, just put a Hatching Eggs Wanted ad in the Buy/Sell/Trade section.
    Oh, and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  3. newtochicks1

newtochicks1 New Egg

Apr 18, 2008
    Thanks!

I guess I have to do a little more research as to what kind we want.
    Looking for good egg layers I guess.
    Yeah, I am really new to chickens. [​IMG]

4. championny

championny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    If you want good egg layers I would recommend RIR's. They are excellent layers. If you want white eggs, go for the Leghorns.

It's all dependent upon what you are looking for in a bird too. If you look at my info, my girls are now at 3/day up from 1 every other day. I look for good layers that also look pretty to. Buff Orpington's are gorgeous birds are also lay pretty well and are calm. Delawares too.

Check out a hatchery's website and look at the info on the different types of birds. Starting out you have a whole plethora of choices!

Good luck.

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I have 5 Purebred Silkie hatching eggs for sale, and 3 Silver Sebright eggs for sale. All together the price is $6.00 and $9.53 flat rate to ship. If you pay by 8pm eastern standard time tonight the eggs will ship tomorrow morning via priority mail. If not, the eggs will be going on ebay.
    I have Buff, Splash, Black, and Partridge Silkies.
    Pay by paypal by 8pm eastern standard time tonight and will ship first thing in the morning.

Total price: $15.53.

Contact me, Chelsea, if you are interested, at [email protected]

6. newtochicks1

newtochicks1 New Egg

Apr 18, 2008
    What are RIRs?

7. newtochicks1

newtochicks1 New Egg

Apr 18, 2008
    minpiningurl
    I am not quite set up yet. Thank you for your offer.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by