Few new Serama chicks

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Solace, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Solace

Solace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Rutherford County, NC
    Took a few pics of some new Serama hatches figured I'd share. They are 2 days old in the pics and please forgive the gratuitous poop laying around. They've been hitting the feed like little lawn mowers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Think I like this one the best because of the look the one in the dish is giving the camera.
    [​IMG]

Size comparison with a 3 hour old Serama beside three 4 day old button quail.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The button quail aren't much larger than bumble bee's. The Serama in those shots is one my son wanted to 'help' out of the egg. It looks wet, but is actually dry. My son inadvertently dried the membranes in the egg shell out gluing it to the chick. I had to use a wet Q-tip to get it off. Considering washing this chick so it'll 'fluff'

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    cute little buggers. I have question is there a standard color on Seramas? or are they just all different colors?

3. Solace

Solace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Rutherford County, NC
    No set standards at this time. Works in progress with white most likely being the first.

4. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've always wanted some seramas [​IMG] I think their so cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by