Few pics from a warm day!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by nfrost, Dec 13, 2011.

1. nfrost

nfrost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    It was a hot 50 degerees out for a Minnesota winter and idk why but the mario decided today was the day he wanted to display at every and any little thing. He is apx 5-6 old i think, is his tail big or small for his age, cause were i got him i didnt think the others were so round or big compared to him!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried to ge the blackshould (havent thought of a name yet) displaying but everytime i snapped the picture he had already put his down!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Aww what a cute boy! I noticed my peacock displaying a little yesterday since it was a bit warmer and there wasn't any wind. I always laugh when a gust of wind comes up and blows a peacock sideways. It probably isn't funny to them but it is funny to see them like "What the heck!?"

4. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    peacocks will molt their train feathers around August and slowly regrow those eye feathers. so he will get a nice long train back over the winter and next year he should look 'pretty' again! [​IMG] those other feathers i can't remember what they are specifically called will usually not molt out like the train does. i hope that helps answer your question some!

5. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    He looks like a yearling or maximum 2 yrs old going by his back feathering and the amount of juvie colour in his face. The black shoulder hen is anyones guess on age.

7. nfrost

nfrost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    I posted pictures of the blackshoulder awhile ago of his back and was told it was a male..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by