Few Urgent Queries.

Ammar-G-240

In the Brooder
Feb 5, 2021
Hi People, :)

I am new here, sorry i don't know about the rules yet, but will read about it later. Since i have few urgent queries, so i had to post it somewhere, so i am doing it in this category.
I have kept a chicken pair as pet, so under the hen i had put 5 eggs for hatching, so now hatching period has reached, 3 out 5 eggs have hatched.
Chick A on 4Feb, Chick B & C on 5Feb. So the queries are:

Q1- Previously upon my cursory research i found out that newborn chicks must not be fed before 48Hrs. So now when Chick A's 48hrs gets completed, Chick B & C will still be in their 48hrs, so how to give food only to Chick A and not the others, because if i kept the food and water for Chick A rest will also eat and drink?
Also please note i keep them in a sufficient size(for both the Mother and chicks) cardboard box.
Q2- Mother hen is not defecating outside the c-box during incubation & half hatching. Before hatching i used to take out the hen from the coop by picking it out of the c-box for 20 minutes approx so that it can defecate, eat & drink. So can i do this in this state too?
Q3- For food i would request you people to suggest me good organic food for the chicks, e.g i heard about garlic, wheat, eggs, pearl millet?
Q4- Is pearl millet a strong food and can we give it to newborn chicks?
Q5- For water i heard we should give honey or sugar mixed water after 48hrs for flushing purpose, so can we give it?
Q6- Can we give tiny wheat grains to chicks as food?

For now that will be all.

Thanks
Ammar

Last edited:
Chick's can eat whenever. They are able to go a day without if needed though.

Momma hen will get off the nest to defecate. Typically not for the last 24 hours after the start of the hatch.

Grower food would be ideal, but again momma hen will break up food for chick's. Make sure grit is available to them. Gravel driveway is where mine gather grit.

Chick's can eat whenever. They are able to go a day without if needed though.

Momma hen will get off the nest to defecate. Typically not for the last 24 hours after the start of the hatch.

Grower food would be ideal, but again momma hen will break up food for chick's. Make sure grit is available to them. Gravel driveway is where mine gather grit.
Actually, the hen defecated in the c-box, so that's why i got concerned for the hygiene of the newborns as well as the mother.

Back
Top Bottom