FF for layers

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by kitchenchick, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitchenchick

kitchenchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    Upper East Tennessee
    After alot of late night reading- most of it here- I've decided to try my first batch of FF for layers and will be trying this for my 2013 chicks. This has some of the most sound thinking that I've hear of. I'm still kinda new to the whole chicken hobby, less than 3 yrs. Don't get me wrong, we had chickens as I grew up, but they took total care of themselves. We just threw them a hand full of scratch down in the mornings and they were expected to be able to forage for themselves and give a steady supply of eggs. There was no such thing a pure bred anything, either you had banties or biggens and all of them had a "touch" of game to make them tough.
    Anyway, got off on a tangent there, I'm just real excited to try this and if it helps out on the feed bill like so many others have stated, helps build better health in everybody, faster and better growth in chicks and juvies then I'm on board!
    Is there any draw backs to this? Any pitfalls that others have experienced to help a newbie avoid? I know the "recipe" is very open to interpatation, but is there a favorite item that's a must?

Thanks so much!

2. chfite

chfite Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Taylors, SC
    FF is? Everyone uses acronyms nowadays without realizing that a lot of the popular lingo is not commonly understood or may have more than one meaning. Typing on a computer is nothing akin to typing on a typewriter with ribbon and paper. Please, Take a moment and spell out what you mean.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
  3. kitchenchick

kitchenchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    Upper East Tennessee
    FERMENTED FEED.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
  4. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Thread closed at the request of the original poster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by