Fibro breed!! Need advice!

leahlou321

Hatching
Sep 27, 2016
I found a farm on facebook that sells black birchen gold Fibro pairs. Has anyone bought from Fibro Farms?? They are a pretty penny so Im trying to figure out if this is a smart move

A lady near me has some that have produced some odd colors. There aren't really any standards in the US for Cemani, Svart Hona, etc currently so people are all over the place on them. I only have Svart Hona and I was concerned about them as juveniles as they had white tips on beaks and a toenail - they've matured to solid black birds (but the rooster has a funky comb - he's had issues from day 1 - assisted hatch and such) so hopefully offspring correct that - I'll likely add an out of line cockerel eventually.

Back on topic - I personally don't care for the live birds I've seen. They have some decent looking birds on their website, but as a business - who wouldn't put prime stock up? I liken it to tattoo shops - you can thumb through all of their photo galleries trying to pick something out, but you never know what it looks like until you see the finished work by the guy holding the tattoo gun. My recommendation - I wouldn't pay high prices for stock from them - just my $.02

This is supposedly one of their Yeonsan Ogye...

I was actually able to talk on the phone with the owners tonight and they are truly lovely people. They told me more about the background of the birds and and all about the breeds. Where they got them and how they have raised and why they are rare. I got the name wrong on the breed I'm wanting it's not a fibro, it's a hmong. I'll post a picture of the 4 month roo I'll be getting!

I was actually able to talk on the phone with the owners tonight and they are truly lovely people. They told me more about the background of the birds and and all about the breeds. Where they got them and how they have raised and why they are rare. I got the name wrong on the breed I'm wanting it's not a fibro, it's a hmong. I'll post a picture of the 4 month roo I'll be getting!

I’m trying to get in touch with Fibro Farms but I’m not on Facebook. Do you have contact info for them?

Back
Top Bottom