Fiction Writers?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by xC0000005, Mar 1, 2012.

1. xC0000005

xC0000005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2009
    Kirkland, WA
    Anyone else here like to write? Non fiction/experience is ok, I tend to enjoy a good story told by someone who understands how, and I'm resisting the itch to open and edit my latest creation after handing it off to my 12 year old daughter for a read through.

Surely someone else out there likes to spin tales - Please entertain me, and keep me from violating a fundamental rule of editing ("Thou shalt leave well enough alone until thou hast had enough time to actually tell if it is-est crap"). Online links preferred, but I'm not above killing a tree for a good read.

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I used to write stories but I suck, seriously. Decided yesterday I quite fancy the idea of sitting on my butt writing for a living, so am looking into taking a course on writing fiction.
    I also love writing poems and lyrics, though nothing published or composed yet. Not sure what to do with it, to be honest!

3. Beaner

Beaner Out Of The Brooder

I sometimes write flash-fiction and short stories. Some of them are posted on my blog (along with general random randomness). Feel free to read through: http://brandwich.blogspot.com/p/about-b.html [​IMG]

In my links on the blog main-page there is a website called "Flash Fiction Friday", which is a flash-fiction writing community that does a weekyl prompt. I haven't really contributed anything since last year, but some of the stories there are very creative and they love feedback, if you are so inclined.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by