Field trip with Lucky

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by secretquail, Aug 14, 2010.

1. secretquail

secretquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    The kiddos and I am taking Lucky to a park this morning! I'm a bit nervous, just as aI am when we have him out in the yard at home. I'm constantly scanning the air for hawks. ...anyone ever see the clip of 'Funniest Home Vid's' where the pet rat was let out on the picnic table, and was immediately taken by the hawk???!!! geez, I wasn't even this nervous about my human kids![​IMG]

2. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Medford, Oregon
    Be sure to share pictures of the outing

3. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Oh, sounds like fun! Is there a safe pond for him to dip in?

4. secretquail

secretquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    I did bring the camera, but we were mobbed with so many children, I didn't feel safe to move away and start clicking pictures.[​IMG] But we had a good time. Most of the children were very gentle, and Lucky calmed down after a bit. I could have been the pied piper, with all the kids that came over!

I went to a park with no pond. Don't want Lucky tangling with the snapping turtles! I brought along a pie dish that he had fun splashing in.

There was a birthday party going on, and none of the children were at the party! We had everyone's attention the entire time. Even when cake was announced, they couldn't get all the kids to leave Lucky!!!

I think Lucky enjoyed his outing. He has been peeping to come out of his bin ever since we got home. ...think I'll go give him a snuggle!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by