1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fiem smart 20 incubator good or not?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ADuckOnQuack, May 22, 2016.

1. ADuckOnQuack

ADuckOnQuack Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2016
    England
    I currently have a fiem smart 20 incubator, I have put 36 pheasant eggs inside to hatch for my friend, and have started the automatic turner, the problem is not all the eggs in the incubator are turning, some are some aren't. Is the automatic roller no good? Should I just buy a incubator that has a automatic turner on a cradle instead?
    Thanks, G

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    I've not used this incubator before but just had a quick look at it. It may be that the pheasant eggs are a little smaller than hen eggs so they won't move as much in the turning mechanics in this incubator. Have you tried marking the eggs with an X one side and a O on the other just to see how much they do actually turn?

If you feel they are not getting turned enough you could hand turn them at least 3 times per day (5 is better) using the X and O method.

3. ADuckOnQuack

May 20, 2016
    England

Yes I was thinking that maybe I might have to hand turn them, a pain really but oh well! Thanks for your advice:)

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Your most welcome :D

Yes hand turning can be a pain but good luck with your hatch :fl

5. ADuckOnQuack

May 20, 2016
    England
    Thanks very much[​IMG]