Fighter Goose!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by RachelM, Feb 26, 2013.

1. RachelM

RachelM Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2011
    I've got a small flock with a pair of Africans, a pair of white Chinese, and a few Embdens (Never can get them to stand still long enough to count!). I've also got two lonely ducks, a large Pekin who kinda fits in, and a little bitty female Muscovy that we hatched and raised. They pretty much all wander an old horse paddock by day, with access to a stall in the barn (via door in the wall). I was doing some chores on Saturday when I heard some screaming and squawking, ran outside to find that a big old Red Tailed Hawk tried going after the little Muscovy, and that it was now getting its butt kicked by a Chinese goose!

Other than a little cut on the toe, Goosie and duck were fine. Its funny because the geese have never really shown any protective qualities to other non-geese. Hopefully the hawk will think twice next time!

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Wow I bet that was a sight. Glad they are okay, now can you get them still long enough to post some pics? and [​IMG]

3. RachelM

RachelM Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2011
    I'll corner them and pick 'em up. They're real fiesty until they're swaddled into submission. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by