Fighting Irish chicks!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ebonykawai, Feb 7, 2008.

1. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL, Cackle sent me an email, they said my chicks will hatch on St. Patrick's day! Oh my, the name possibilities! I'll have to paint the coop green with shamrocks, LOL!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] congrats! just be sure the chickens don't eat the coop if it's green! [​IMG]

3. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    mine will hatch the 29 so they might live longer because they are born on a leap year [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  4. ebonykawai

LOL, they'll live 4 times as long! Super chickens!

I'm so excited, I really can't wait to get started. I was visiting a neighbor down the street who has about 15-20 bantams. First time I've ever ventured over there, and he was so nice. We talked for quite a while, he said "If you ever want bantams, I'll give you a couple hens and a rooster, I have lots!" One of his roosters is gorgeous, too. It's white with some black long feathers. No idea what kind it is. So pretty!

5. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Thats really awesome!!! I am part Irish so that would be a super bonus for me! [​IMG]You should totally do an Irish theme to your coop...down tot he rainbow and pot 'o gold!
    [​IMG]

6. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    Quote:thats funny hooligan cause i am part irish too [​IMG] thats funny you should do a irishy theme [​IMG]

7. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    We are gonna hatch some chicks and the day they are going into the hatcher at day 18 will be on St pattys day.
    Yea for green chicks. [​IMG]
    Cant wait to do this class hatching project!
    whoohoo!
    [​IMG]

8. ebonykawai

It's pretty cool for DH and me, as well. We started dating on St. Patrick's Day, he's of Scottish ancestry, and we're HUGE fans of celtic music. The girls will fit right in, lol! [​IMG]

9. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    you should make a nesting box from a black pot like the pot of the rainbow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by