fighting roos- apart but still injured????

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by spish, Aug 9, 2010.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    i have three roos (one EE, 2 brahmas) who all live in seperate enclosures with their ladies, but all in the same field.
    well the EE roo has decide he does not like one of the brahmas, and even though they have a 2 m fence seperating them, they are managing to fight through the fencing.

today the EE has had the living daylights bashed out of him and you cant see his face for the blood. what do i put on it to stop the bleeding?? (and the blooming op hen pecking it making it worse?)

also has anyone got any suggestions as to what i can put over the fencing to stop them fighting through it? i was thinking the green mesh-like nets people use to stop birds getting their veggies..or would the roo's just rip it apart??

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    First off, use blood stop powder if you have it-if not, cornstarch or flour are good to stop bleeding(don't get it in his eyes).
    The others will peck at him as long as he is bleeding-he needs to be isolated from the other birds while he heals.
    Anything can be put on the fence to stop the fighting-lots of people use tarps. As long as they can't see each other, that's the main thing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by