1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Figured it out: It's a White Wyandotte Bantam - PIC

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by QuailHollow, Jan 4, 2010.

1. QuailHollow

QuailHollow Chillin' With My Peeps

I have this bantam hen running around my coops that my husband insists came from Joel Gilmans farm last Spring. Joel gave him a couple of eggs from various coops, and we hatched out some weird stuff. .. so she's a true breed - whatever it is. I don't have a pic, but it's a pure white bantam hen.. I kinda thinks she resembles a leghorn - but doesn't have a single comb. And I *think* she's laying a white egg? Maybe not.. could be my D'anver hen.. but anyway - there were two of them, and we gave the other one away. Any idea what bantams match this description? I keep trying to catch her and get rid of her, but she's FAST! [​IMG]

ETA: hmm.. is it possible to have a rose combed white leghorn bantam? I think she has yellow legs. It's likely a breeding quality bird, if anyone can use it. . . I just have to CATCH her. We gave the other one away.

OK, - Here she is. So.. I was wrong about her being pure white. What is this?
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2010
  2. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    Could I see some pictures please?

Does She have feathered feet?

If not, she may be an Old English game

3. QuailHollow

Legs are clean and long. I'll try to get some pics tonight. Of the two we hatched, they were both pure white - no other feather colors found.

4. barred-rocks-rock

Jul 5, 2009
    Here is an Old English Game.

[​IMG]

here is a modern game bantam.

[​IMG]

5. QuailHollow

She looks more like the first group- Old English

6. barred-rocks-rock

Jul 5, 2009
    What type of comb does she have?

I just found out that Old English have single combs.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  7. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Except Old English have single combs unless dubbed (like the pic) and if the op hatched them, she would know if she dubbed them or not.

8. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    If she has a Rosecomb she's not Old English or Modern Game they have single combs..

Leghorn do come Single and Rosecomb..

Chris

9. QuailHollow

It could be a very small single, but I'm thinking rose. I don't recall. It is not very big... I'll need to try to catch her tonight.

10. QuailHollow

DH insists it is a White Leghorn Bantam. Joel gave him the eggs because DH was interested in the mature pair he had for sale at the swap. Anyone want it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by