1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fiiive ocloooock in the mooorning! *update* The got here earlier...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenmum, May 14, 2009.

1. chickenmum

chickenmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    My chicks are coming tomorrow! like 25 CornishXRocks [​IMG] and a few or several Black Sumatra bantams. They have black skin and stuff and are supposed to have multiple spurs.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  2. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Shay1327

Shay1327 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Franklinville, NY
    Awesome, have fun with your meaties even though they smell horrible and will take your hand off for food when their bigger, they are very sweet!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. shawnm2639

shawnm2639 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Woodlake Ca
    Dont sound sweet..humm Hey..are Delawares really rare..my feed store says they have Delawares

5. chickenmum

Dec 7, 2008
    Ok, 1031 AM I still don't have my chicks. They didn't call, we went to the post office and they had bees but no chicks. Mom called the hatchery and found out they have been shipped and so probnably on the next express...[​IMG]

6. chickenmum

Dec 7, 2008
    My chickies are out there somewhere...
    Maybe getting close to my town.[​IMG]

7. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sumatras only have a black face, but the other parts of the body are covered with white or yellow skin, I can't remember which. I've read that hens can have spurs and roos can have multiple spurs on their legs. We have one chick and she is a gorgeous, sweet little thing. Also the smartest of the bunch and she's the first one interested in roosting so far.

Good luck with your fuzzies!

[​IMG]

8. Debby10

Debby10 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2009
    Mt. Bethel
    Getting ready for bed....They'll be waiting for you baby. They'll be waiting for you theeeeere.

D

9. chickenmum

Dec 7, 2008
    Ok...
    So I got my chickies. I called the post office in the car(we were doing stuff) and they said they had chicks that got mistakenly shipped to *another town*. [​IMG] They sent somebody to go pick them up and they got our phone number and address that way they could call if they were ours. A while later we got home, I went in the house and checked the message machine. The guy had called and said he was in our driveway and the chicks were on the table on the front porch. I didn't finish the message and hurried to the porch, [​IMG] and sure enough there was a box of chicks sort of secured between four of our decoration squirrels and chicks! So now they are in the basement.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by