fiinally, a picture

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granmahen, Aug 21, 2008.

1. granmahen

granmahen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Bakersfield, CA
    Here's a picture of my granddaughter with her favorite...Lily, who is an australorp. These two started me on the whole chicken adventure. Lily is now seven mo. old and still hasn't laid a single egg. But we love her the best. Who'd of thought I'd enjoy chickens so much.My husband agrees with me, my brother thinks we're nuts and the rest of the family enjoys the fresh eggs from my flock of 4 (well three so far). The rir, nhr, and leghorn are daily layers. Gemma and I are so proud.[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  2. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    picture did not work:( [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. simba49450

simba49450 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Michigan
    hi

i have 3 buff orpingtons that are sweethearts so i know what you mean, the average on chickens starting to lay is estimated. mine are 5 months old and from what others say they start to lay is anywhere from 5 months to 6. myself my little girls are pets with a egg bonus. it looks like yours are too:D they can live to be 15 yrs old so your daughter will be thrilled. when she is ready to lay she will, i cant wait until mine do, so when your little girl starts it will be a surprise.

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] sooooo cute and the hen is too! love that little miniture bench. My "girls" have their own patio furniture as well! Keep posting pics.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by