filling incubator tomorrow 5-7 anyone else?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ams4776, May 6, 2011.

1. ams4776

ams4776 Chillin' With My Peeps

First time to incubate have had my incubator running and staying at temp/humidity last day. Tomorrow is the big day im super excited and nervous. Got 20 to put in

2. sierrarod

sierrarod Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2011
    Reedley
    I set 27 beautiufl blue Ameraucana eggs (from Peachick) and Welsummer eggs yesterday. Good luck!

3. Silkie horsechick

Silkie horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Northwest Pennsylvania
    I am setting 30 silkie eggs tomorrow.
    Buff, Partridge, Blue, and Black.

Got a new Hova-Bator and the water tray is nicer.
    Also using a battery-operated fan that is used to circulate air in camper refrig.
    Purchased thermometer with ability to read humidity at Walmart for 7.95.

this is my second hatch, so I am better prepared.

4. ams4776

My are just 20 mixed with an LG. But i installed a fan and have a temp and humidity thermometer in there now

5. ams4776

Put the eggs in last night. Temps and all were good this morning. Hoping no problems while im at work. Dh is turning the eggs so lets hope he shuts the lid tight lol

6. luvtheladies

luvtheladies Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2011
    Harrogate, TN
    Loaded 41 eggs on 5/7 @ 7:00p.m. They are mostly RIR rooster with RIR hen and Red Sex Links. Wrong date, I set them on 5/6. Sorry!

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  7. ams4776

Still close they wont hatch that far apart. Im so nervous being my first time

8. luvtheladies

luvtheladies Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2011
    Harrogate, TN
    This is only my second time and I am using an LG also. I learned alot from the wonderful people on here and had a successful first hatch. I'm sure we can learn more things together but it is very exciting and nerveracking on the first hatch. I am not as nervous this time. One thing I learned is I am not staying up all night when they start pipping and then try to work the next day. That made for a very rough day at work. lol [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  9. ams4776

If the days count goes right ill be working when they start lol

10. ams4776

Omg my temp jumped to 105 on my first day while i was at work. So not happy. Guess i can candle in a few days and check. [​IMG] if they died ill be so upset

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by