Film Students Arrested

canesisters

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 18, 2011
Virginia
Did anyone see the story in the news this morning about a crew filming a robbery? The crew inside the store were joking and saying things like "Dude, is that a helicopter? HA HA I think the police just pulled up." While their buddies were flat on the pavement outside trying to not get shot.
It was 'funny' in a sad kind of way.

I did not read about it.I have noticed though that no one likes to be filmed and that includes the police. They get angry and often the one filming will find themselves in some sort of trouble.

Quote:
Not necessarily, I think that's just the general publics opinion. I know alot of officers that are thrilled when they get dashboard cameras and others that wished their departments could afford dashboard cams. Why? Because it only takes one idiot claiming police brutality (hoping it will get them out of trouble) to ruin a good officers career. Also, it makes it a whole lot easier to convict someone in court if the evidence of the crime is right there on the camera.

If the filmmaker is not doing anything to break the law, they can't get in trouble. If they are breaking the law, they can be arrested. It's as simple as that. A law enforcement officer only makes the arrest. It's up to the prosecutors office to decide whether charges will be filed or not.

I don't think anyone actually got arrested...
From what I caught as I was getting ready for work: a lady came to the store and saw what she thought was a robbery, she called the police. You could hear the crew inside the store (on their film) laughing that the real police were here. They apparently didn't know what was happening to their buddies outside. Then you saw the 2 guys outside on their knees with their hands up. It was a little funny watching them 'SNAP' from one position to the other as the police yelled instructions to them. Sorta looked like some kind of weird drill team...
gig.gif

At one point, the guy who was playing the gunman was getting flat on the ground and his toy gun fell out of his pocket onto the pavement, he said "it got REAL tense for a moment but no one shot me so it was ok".
Once it was all sorted out, the poor guys who had been on the ground outside were laughing about it.
Gonna be a GREAT story to tell around the table tomorrow..
lau.gif

In other words, students were filming a script in which a robbery takes place. A bystander thought it was a real robbery and called the police, who showed up and arrested teh actors who were portraying robbers.

Way different than either the title or conjectures make it sound.

Back
Top Bottom