Final tally 9/10 mutts! Ah designer chicks! Pics added

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JanieMarie, Oct 2, 2008.

1. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Songster

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    I see movement & hear peeping. And waiting... And waiting... And waiting... Patience! [​IMG] Gotta go work ground & combine beans. But my babies need me! So here we go again!!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Come on babies !!!!!!! Good luck !!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Songster

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    Yea! 3 new black chicks from light brown eggs! 1 white chick from a white egg! 1 black chick from dark brown egg! 1 white and 1 olive egg pipped and I gotta go to work!! [​IMG] Just like my birthday without the bows!!

The chicks that are out are really banging around the unhatched eggs! Is this gonna harm them at all?

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    No they shouldnt hurt them, I take the hatched chicks out when they are about half dry !!!! Alot of people area agaist that, but ive never had a prob !!! They dry quicker in the brooder under a heat lamp..... That stops the chicks from banging the other eggs !!!!

CONGRATS ON THE BABIES !!!!!!!!!!

5. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    Maine
    No, won't cause any harm. [​IMG]
    Not sure if you should take them out or leave them...never have done it before! [​IMG]
    Maybe all that moving around and peeping will encourage the little guy/girl to come out! I have heard that making peep noises works well! [​IMG]

Good luck! [​IMG] [​IMG]

COME ON LITTLE FUZZIES!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Yes, the wait seems like FOREVER!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Congrats on the new fuzzy butts! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I hope you are home with photos here soon! [​IMG]

7. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Songster

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    Just got home to 3 new little babies!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I just cant believe this!! The last dark brown egg has pipped too but nothing from the blue one yet. I ended up moving my 4 from the 1st hatch to a bigger brooder and moved the 5 that hatched last night to the smaller brooder. It seems to have caused noone any harm! So glad I did it!! Thanks everyone. They are all soo adorable! [​IMG] I have a veritable rainbow of little fuzzy butts!!
    When I started this I figured if I got acouple or so that would be more than I could ask for with my total lack of experience. I owe it all to this site!! Thanks one and all!!

My DD and I were determined to catch them hatching last night so she set her alarm for 2, 4 and 6am and I set mine for 1, 3 and 5 am and we missed every one of them hatching!! [​IMG] Hows that for luck so Pics will have to wait till tomorrow cuz I gotta sleep! I'll probably be up for hours anyway cuz I could watch these guys endlessly!! They are sooo friendly!

8. hinkjc

hinkjc Crowing

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Congrats on your new babies! [​IMG] There is absolutely nothing better and more relaxing than sitting by the brooder watching newly hatched babies. ...oh, and posting pics for your friends on BYC to watch too. [​IMG]

Jody

9. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Songster

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    Ok I get the hint! I'm thinking this site is as addicting as hatching chickens!! Gotta get off this site first and go take some pictures!!

10. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Songster

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    Here are the 5 I woke up to this morn: [​IMG]
    Here they are now: [​IMG]
    Here are the 3 I came home to: [​IMG]
    And these are the 4 from my first batch: [​IMG]
    Sorry bout the pic quality on this one but I couldn't resist. Do I have the makings of a good brooder here?! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: