Final Total..Almost, LOL and PICS!

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
The hatch is over except for one lone RIR egg that is moving, but not pipped still. Have to figure what to do about that one...if the RIR hatches, I'll have 32 live chicks from the 49 eggs that went into the bators this go-round. I still have two in the Cooler-Bator drying off a bit more, but here are the totals:
13 Welsummers
6 RIRs, or 7 if the other egg hatches
1 Buff Orpington
6 Blue Orpingtons (2 splashes and the others are blues & blacks, not sure which yet)
2 Ameraucanas (one blue, one splash-yippee!)
3 Barred Rocks (my last babies from Hawkeye)

And here are the pictures, starting with a pile of Orps hatched for KingsCalls-look at that HUGE splash! The last two pics are the blue and splash Ameraucanas.
DCP_9744.jpg

DCP_9745.jpg

DCP_9746.jpg

DCP_9747.jpg

DCP_9743.jpg

Jody's 9 Buff Orps and my Blue from Velvet are due May 1.

Last edited:
Great job...Not a bit shabby on shipped eggies!!...

Next week is my turn!!.. Got to rest up!!

You are going to be on brooder cleaning duty 24/7 - that's a LOT of babies! CONGRATS! The wellsummer chicks are adorable. CONGRATS on three splashes! So cute!

Oh my, the ones that look like chipmonks are tooo sweet! I seriously need to stop looking at all these pictures or I'm going to end up being the crazy lady with all the chickens.

Congratulations on a beautiful collection of babies.

Congrats on the babies!

Today is day 22 for your eggs to me. This morning I finally have a pip in one of Skye's eggs. 4 of hers and 1 of Lexies went into the hatcher. I couldn't stand to toss the last one of Velvet's so it went in too even tho when I candled a couple days before they went into the hatcher I'm pretty sure it wasn't good. The others all had good movement when I candled them that last time, but now I'm getting worried. I should have candled them again when I moved them, but I was in a rush and didn't take the time.

Overall great hatch. Very pretty. Now if half are cockerals that will bring it down to around to reasonalbe number for your breeding pens.

Back
Top Bottom