final week hatching tips

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
dawnacus 406.jpg
I am on my final week of my egg hatch, these are developing just fine, still air 102, as it should be for still air. I will add an extra air hole in incubator.
dawnacus 407.jpg

I have my water bowl with the penny before 1982, on day 18, I will put in a sponge , do my last candle, and place them so the slant of the air cell is correct, then promise not to touch until they all hatch and dry off. This is not my first rodeo,:old but I thought I would leave this thread open for people to give last week tips, and I want to hear them even if you think I already know, because we might hear something new. And we may help others preparing for the big day.
dawnacus 410.jpg
picture on day 13, getting darker...:frow

I do have one question too, when do the eggs start generating their own heat?

I love your name, Hope! that is the perfect name for someone hatching chickens.
Awe thanks!!!
Alot of people think i just made it up for my name, didnt believe it was really my name. :confused:
And yes alot of hope and faith goes into hatching! I have quail peeping as we speek and im always so nervous if they will make it through the whole hatch!:fl

And Charity, I am giving a elderly man in my area some birds, he wanted birds and called me up and said "I would like any roosters, and or hens you could spare," He wanted them to chase bugs and hatch babies in the spring. I have 7 hens and 3 roosters to share, and still more for me.

I really lucked out because I got 3 calls from people wanting roosters.

And Charity, I am giving a elderly man in my area some birds, he wanted birds and called me up and said "I would like any roosters, and or hens you could spare," He wanted them to chase bugs and hatch babies in the spring. I have 7 hens and 3 roosters to share, and still more for me.

I really lucked out because I got 3 calls from people wanting roosters.
Dang i wish i had that many people wanting Roos. I have a bunch that need new homes!

Roos are great though. I am keeping 2 LO roos, they are shy, but coming around.
I tottaly agree i usually only keep 2 full size and one bantam.... but over 10 in way way way to many... evern if i have enough hens for them lol. Being 5 1/2 months pregnant with a 15 month old and having that many roos :he:barnie

Back
Top Bottom