Finally 7 babie meats with no drowning!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shelby528, Sep 20, 2011.

1. shelby528

shelby528 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Ontario
    [​IMG]

This is what I find in my incubator after I thought all the eggs were done hatching! Plus I have 17 more peeped and they were due 6 days ago...I always keep them a week longer just in case. [​IMG]

2. 1hotmoma

1hotmoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    I like your newest babies! [​IMG]

3. shelby528

Aug 5, 2009
    Ontario
    Thanks these were an odd hatch...20 randomly hatched when they were due like a week ago...

4. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

congrats on the babies..
    sounds like your temps were too low during incubation since they were so late

5. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    What an odd hatch. And they all look very big and healthy for such late chicks. Lucky you kept them an extra week! You might want to put down an old towel or some paper towels on the floor of the brooder for them. They tend to slip about on newspaper and other shiny type surfaces and it can damage their legs. Congrats on your hatch, those are some VERY cute looking chicks. What breed are they anyway?

6. shelby528

Aug 5, 2009
    Ontario
    I always use newspaper never had a problem with it haha! Umm well its a long story but there ross 708's...I work in a breeder barn so i can take cull eggs home when I want to and about a year ago i decided ehh why not lets try it...these chicks were never meant to hatch. There eggs were not up to the hatcheries standard so we just sell them as eating eggs...luckily they were given a chance...and trust me Ive hatched 1000's of these guys and they are amazing birds..my lightest bird was a hen my last batch was 9 pounds in 3 months all organic no crap and we kept them in over 100 feet of space so they didnt go lame. [​IMG] they are beauties...since these are oddballs..I may just keep a few <3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by