FINALLY a BLUE EGG!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Bec, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I was soo excited! I was cleaning out the chickens houses and noticed one of my blue hens on the nest. I reached under her and there was my very first blue egg from one of my EE's!!!!! I was so excited I squealed! My hubby almost fell off the roof turning around to see what was wrong! He was putting up our lights.
    As I finished up, I looked in again and noticed the other one of my 2 EE's was in there, Lilly. I was so excited! I checked on her a little while later and there was an egg in there but it was a light pinky brown [​IMG] I really wanted another blue egg, but now I know that Dotty lays the blue ones and Lilly lays the pink ones! Oh well, I am thankful lay are laying!!! [​IMG]

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Congrats on your first blue egg [​IMG]

3. doodledoo

doodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    Cartersville, GA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I want it! I want it! [​IMG] [​IMG] I wish that I had a blue/green egg layer. I went to the aution today and they had some beautiful Ameracaunas (these were no EEs) but they went for more than what I could spend. Oh well - maybe next time.

4. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

The only problem I am having now is, now that I have SEEN the blue egg, I want MORE blue egg layers [​IMG] I have no more room, so I will have to wait. It is just so pretty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by